Rise and shine, East Hampton! Diane Witek here to get you started this Saturday with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Very windy; rain at times. High: 50, low: 46.
Here are the top stories in East Hampton today:
- Three new restaurants and other new experiences are coming to the Hamptons this season. Discover the culinary delights that await Hampton’s summer crowd. All are backed by the team behind EHP Resort & Marina and Yes Yes. (Food and drink magazine)
- Still looking for a summer rental in the East End? Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer and there are still a few favorite rentals available for summer 2022! See if one fits your budget. (Behind the hedges)
- Still looking for things to do with mom and the kids? Dan’s Papers lists the top five East End kids and family events: May 6-10. (Dan’s papers)
- The multi-year effort to preserve the Springs home and studios of the late Abstract Expressionist artists James Brooks and Charlotte Park received a boost this week with the announcement that the National Trust for Historic Preservation has included the site, located in East Hampton , on its annual list. of the 11 most endangered historic places in the United States. (Subscription: press day)
Today in East Hampton:
- Northwest Woods, East Hampton Hike with EHTPS. (9:00 a.m.)
- Kids for Kids – East Hampton Library. (10am)
- Community Service: Teen Tech – East Hampton Library. (10am)
- Teen Tech Time: Teens help adults with computer issues: One on One Tech. (10am)
- Shul Jr. (11 a.m.)
- Film screening: “Isadora” — East Hampton Library. (1 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Next door neighbour, Clearwater Beach: “Celebrate your mom by helping other moms!” Treat the special mom in your life and a friend to a Summer Yoga Monday! (The next door)
- Next door neighbor, Barnes Landing: “Job opportunities at a new restaurant in Amagansett. Hi everyone, I am trying to help my son find and hire people to work in the kitchen and in the restaurant they are starting and in Amagansett. I think they will be a decent and fair employer.” (The next door)
- Next door neighbor, Settlers Landing: “Hi, I’m looking for recommendations on a handy man who can do baby safety; basically, mount seven shelves/dressers to the wall to prevent them from tipping over. Thanks.” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and services:
You’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
— Diane Witek
About me: Passionate writer, Website designer, Social Media Marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming East Hampton Daily? Contact me at email@example.com